£3000/year Undergraduate Scholarships
The United Kingdom Naval Engineering Science & Technology (UKNEST) Forum & Lloyd’s Register Foundation are offering up to 10 Undergraduate Scholarships to students who are interested in future employment in the Naval Defence Sector. In general, UK security clearance is a pre-requisite for employment within this Sector. Each Scholarship will offer the successful student:
• A Bursary of £3,000 per academic year (£1,000/term)
• Mentoring from a UKNEST Member Organisation
• The potential for work-placement with a UKNEST Organisations
• The Scholarship may be extended to subsequent years for students achieving satisfactory progress.
• You must be an undergraduate who has successfully completed at least one year of study.
• Submit an essay (500 words max.) setting out your understanding of the future of the Naval Sector and your aspirations to support this vision. Your essay should be e-mailed to Technical@imarest.org.
• Provide your contact details, CV, course and year of study in Autumn 2014.
• Provide a supporting reference from an academic member of staff.