UKNEST SCHOLARSHIP PRIVACY STATEMENT
UKNEST is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice applies to the UKNEST website and any information that is provided by applicants for the UKNEST Scholarship Scheme.
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 30 May 2018 and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Who we are
The UK Naval Engineering Science & Technology (UKNEST) is an Unincorporated Association within the terms defined by HMRC CTM 41305. The primary purpose of UKNEST is to provide a forum for the UK’s professional naval engineering, science and technology community to address issues of common concern, foster specific professional development needs, and provide a focal point for interaction with, and influencing the wider Government and industrial community.
Member organisations operate within a Corporate Compliance Policy. A full list of Members is available at www.uknest.org.
Membership of UKNEST is open to public and private organisations with substantial interests in the naval engineering, science and technology intellectual base, and significant UK professional assets.
Personal information we collect
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We collect personal information from you when you apply to the UKNEST Scholarship scheme. This information includes:
- E-mail address
- Academic course details
- Other information generally included within a Curriculum Vitae
- Names & contact details of referees
How we use your personal information
The information provided will be used for the following purposes:
- As part of the assessment and award processes for applications to the UKNEST Scholarship.
- To contact you throughout the duration of the UKNEST Scholarship scheme (generally between March and October).
- To contact success candidates during the year of their Scholarship award for the purposes of communication with Mentors, Graduate “buddies” and necessary progress reporting.
- To enable future contact, post-graduation, in order to maintain communications with UKNEST Scholarship alumni.
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to Member organisation of UKNEST as part of the Scholarship assessment and award processes. We will minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to that which is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customised and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
Ways you can access, control, and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by the GDPR. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information within the terms of the GDPR.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to complete the Scholarship assessments and awards. The information for successful candidates will be retained throughout the period of the award.
How do we protect your Personal Information
We have implemented technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. We ask that you do your part by maintaining in strict confidence any computer passwords you use to access the Internet or our website.
The UKNEST website is fully Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificated. During the assessment process, your information may be shared using proprietary systems (e.g. Dropbox [https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust/compliance], WeTransfer [https://wetransfer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201270873-Security-Privacy]) that have appropriate Information Security Management procedures and standards.